India’s Safest Car-Mahindra XUV700
Mumbai, June 24, 2022: Mahindra& Mahindra Ltd., pioneers of the SUV segment in India, announced that their hugely successful XUV700 received the Global NCAP ‘Safer Choice’ Award for being the safest car in India. This accolade is only available to automakers achieving the highest levels of safety for vehicles sold in India.This achievement is even more special for Mahindra as it won this award two times in a row,XUV300 being the 1st vehicle that was conferred this accolade in 2020.
Mahindra XUV700 received the highest combined occupant safety rating of any car tested in Global NCAP’s #SaferCarsForIndia campaign. It achieved a five-star Global NCAP rating for adult occupant protection and four stars for child occupant protection.
Packing an unmissable presence, sci-fi technology, spirited performance, world class safety and a tough yet sophisticated drive experience, the disruptive XUV700 has redefined the segment benchmarks. Available with multiple powertrain options and seating configurations, customers can choose from the widest range of offerings in this segment.
WORLD CLASS SAFETY IN XUV700*
Safety is one of the core pillars of the XUV700 experience.
- The XUV700 comes equipped with ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) which includes, Forward Collision Warning, Autonomous Emergency Brakes using both camera and radar. ADAS system also features: Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keep Assist, Adaptive cruise Control, Smart Pilot Assist, Traffic Sign Recognition and High Beam Assist.
- XUV700 also comes with Driver Drowsiness Detection which nudges the driver in case he is feeling drowsy.
- The Auto Booster Headlamp switches on automatically when the vehicle exceeds 80km/h at night for increasing visibility and therefore making the driving experience safer.
- Another unique function in the XUV700 is the Personalised Safety Alert which alerts the driver if he exceeds a set speed. It can be programmed to sound out in the voice of a loved one.
- The XUV700 comes with 7 airbags which includes curtain airbags (extending up to 3rd row occupants), driver knee airbags, driver side airbag and passenger side airbag keeping up with its safety promise, in addition to standard dual frontala Apart from that XUV700 comes with driver seat-belt lap pre-tensioner in addition to standard seat-belt retractor pre-tensioner for driver and co-driver. Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with electronic brake distribution (EBD) is standard.
- The XUV700 crashworthy structure is designed to protect occupant in case of collisions. Additionally, XUV700 equipped with frontal and side crash sensors for robust airbag deployment.
Best- in-class Safety Features in XUV700*
- 7 Airbags
- Latest Generation Electronic Stability Program
- ADAS – Front Collision Warning
- ADAS – Automatic Emergency Braking
- ADAS – Lane Keep Assist
- ADAS – Lane Departure Warning
- ADAS – Smart Pilot Assist
- ADAS – High Beam Assist
- Driver Drowsiness Detection
- LED Clear-view Headlamps
- Cornering lamps
- 360-degree Surround View System
- Blind View Monitoring
- Electronic Park Brake
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System