Muthoot Finance has positively impacted over 4.5 lakh people as part of their CSR initiativesin FY2021-22
New Delhi, July 08, 2022: Muthoot Finance, India’s largest gold loan NBFC Company has demonstrated its dedication to the socio-economic development of the society and touched more than 4.5 lakh beneficiaries under its CSR initiatives in 2021-2022.The company reported a total spend of Rs. 81.14 Croreson Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives that spanned across delivery of COVID essentials during second wave of the pandemic, education, healthcare, livelihood and skilling, infrastructure initiatives along with sports development projects.
The Muthoot Group and its flagship company Muthoot Finance have always been actively involved in a plethora of CSR initiatives in domains like education, environment, sanitation, healthcare, medical aid as well as financial aid for the betterment of the society.
Muthoot Finance’s CSR activities helped more than 3.25 lakhunderserved and needy people with food distribution and ration support and around 53 thousand people were positively impacted through the healthcare initiatives alone. Initiatives extended supported over 5000 unprivileged students by providing basic amenities and aids together with livelihood support to the weaker sections of the society.These initiatives have beenimplemented in association with many grass rootlevel social organizations including National Association of Blind, Center for Blind Women & Disability Studies (New Delhi), Red Cross Society, Delhi Police Foundation for Education, Habitat for Humanity, The Earth Savior Foundation, Think Rise and Act Foundation, YMCA Mumbai amongst others.
Under the series of these initiatives, some notable activities included:
- Healthcare: In response to the pandemic, Muthoot Finance provided a 16-bedded COVID Hospital set up for Kanpur Police that helpedaround 7000 people. The Snehasaraya Mobile Medical Van provided COVID testing tomore than 7100individuals. Muthoot also providedpick and drop facility for COVID vaccinations to around 7200 people. They supported 15 hospitals PAN India with medical equipment like beds, wheelchairs and alsodonated face masks, hand sanitizer, gloves and face shield to 94000 people.
- Food & ration distribution: Muthoot Finance supported Indian Food Banking Network and provided food kits, nutrition kits and drinks packs to around 37000 people. 50 families that were uprooted due to demolition of Yamuna Bank area in New Delhi were provided ration for 3 days. In association with ANAMARTIA Foundation, 7000 ready-to-eat food packets were distributed to the needy ones. More than 2.67 lakh under privileged people were supported with cooked and dry ration.
- Environment: Under the green initiatives, the company provided National Association of Blind (NAB) India Centre for Blind Women & Disability Studies with 24 KW Solar Panels. 500 fruit saplings were distributed to 50 Tribal Farmers at AsegaonMokhada, Palgarh District of Maharashtra.
- Education: Sponsorshipfor the education of 40 girls studying at Deepalaya Senior Secondary School, Gusbethi. Also, distributed educational kits to 152 children with special needs. Initiatives were undertaken to promote education among slum children at Delhi Cantt Slum area. Under this, 110 educational kits consisting of notebooks, geometry boxes, drawing book and 1lt steel water bottles(in order to reduce usage of plastic bottles) were distributed to slum children.
- Support to Differently-abled People:As part of this initiative, 104 people were benefitted with distribution of wheelchairs to support their livelihood, enhance their skill sets and promote sports among differently-abled people.
- Sustainable Livelihood Support:To promote self-employment practices and sustainable livelihood, 5 Self Help Groups (SHG) were provided scanning machinery, raw material for papad, pickle, namkeen making & e-cart for transportation of SHG’s products. Tricycles, manual cycle rickshaws were also donated to weaker sections, migrants across regions in Punjab and Delhi.
Mr. Alexander George Muthoot, Joint Managing Director, The Muthoot Group, said, “With the aim to reach the marginalized sections of communities across the country, our CSR initiatives in 2021-2022 have been truly successful. We at, Muthoot Finance understand our duties and responsibilities towards societal development. From the very start, we have been serving as a helping hand for the development of our society. We will continue to strengthen, empower, and uplift our society by playing our part in overall development of our country and its people.We remain steadfastly committed to support weaker sections of our society through our continuous support.”